If you have superannuation then it may be important for you to know you can split some of that superannuation to your Partner as part of the property settlement and how that superannuation split will occur.

Married or de factor couples can obtain a Court Order for the Superannuation of one Partner to be split, so as to transfer part of one Partner’s superannuation into a superannuation fund in the name of the other spouse. It may also be possible, depending on the individual circumstances of yourself or your Partner to access this superannuation entitlement.

It is important that you obtain advice in relation to this financial resource, so as to ensure any access or distribution of superannuation entitlements can be dealt with properly and the Superannuation Trustee properly approves and allows the entitlements to be split or dealt with as you wish.

Ready to take the first step towards peace of mind?

Get in touch with our compassionate team, and let’s
discuss how we can support you and your family.